IN A NUTSHELL
We’ve got bold growth plans and are on the search for an organised people person to help us keep pace during this exciting time. As our recruitment coordinator, you’ll be working closely with our Recruitment Lead to attract candidates by developing our employer brand (we’ve been called a best kept secret), run our structured recruitment process, and hire new members into the team across all levels (junior to executive), functions (including tech, data, finance, digital & design) and regions (both locally and internationally).
We do recruitment a little differently here. Our process involves psychometric testing; a couple of interviews; and a half day work simulation that helps potential recruits experience their work environment and team before starting. This isn’t a standard way of recruiting but we find that taking time and having a focus on understanding both the skills and passions of our candidates allows us to hire (and retain) some pretty amazing people. We think a range of backgrounds could be a fit for the role so if this sounds like something you’d love to learn more about, we’d be happy to teach you and hope you’ll teach us a thing or two along the way.
Bring us your communication skills, organisational super powers and desire to learn. In return we’ll provide you with a high trust environment, the tools you need to do your thing and the support you need to flourish.
YOU’D LOVE THIS JOB IF YOU…
- Have 1-4 years of professional experience in a recruitment (internal or agency), a coordinator role or adjacent area like sales or marketing (we know good recruiters come from all sorts of backgrounds and are open to hearing why you think you have the necessary skillset)
- Have a natural ability to network, build relationships and easily connect with all types of people. Whether its in person or virtually, you’re comfortable with both
- Are practical in your approach. You have a knack for being able to take something ambiguous and reconfiguring it to make sense (eg. you’d be able to articulate this sentence better)
- Possess strong organisational skills. You can juggle multiple responsibilities at the same time, know how to prioritize and enjoy being able to execute projects to completion
- Are able to have difficult conversations with people. You know that it’s better to find out during the recruitment process that someone isn’t going to love it here (or we won’t love them), than to find out three months in
- Care about your candidates. It matters to you that candidates have a good experience regardless of the outcome AND that the people who you hire are set up for success and thriving at Bellroy
- Love to start the day with a solid to do list to help you get shit done
IF YOU WERE HERE LAST WEEK YOU MIGHT HAVE…
- Worked with the Recruitment Lead to brainstorm how you might find the right candidate for an unusual role - figuring out where to advertise or how to network your way to the right person
- Reviewed applications in our applicant tracking system and progressed candidates who look like they could be a great fit for a role
- Paired with a hiring manager to conduct a few initial video calls with potential candidates - helping the hiring manager to get a feel for the candidate, and making sure the candidate gets excited about the role (don’t worry if this feels foreign, we will train you!)
- Realised a strong candidate might have lost interest and reached out to them to talk through their concerns
- Noticed one of our advertisements isn’t working as expected and explored why you think that might be the case
- Advocated for a candidate that doesn’t have the exact background that we want but you think could be a good match for a role
- Given helpful and honest (but always kind) feedback to a candidate about why we chose not to move forward with them
- Scoured LinkedIn and created a short-list of candidates you think might be a good fit for our Senior Product Developer role
WHY WORK FOR BELLROY?
We’re a dynamic, growing business that loves diverse contributions, so you’ll be called upon for ideas and input along the way. We’re also a company that cares and are a certified Great Place to Work 2021! We’re proud to be part of the B Corp movement– a group of certified companies using the power of business to help solve social and environmental issues. And we reckon, with your caring nature, that’s probably a big deal for you, too. Want to help us?
LOCATION AND HOURS
This role is full-time and based in our Collingwood office
We're ready when you are!