IN A NUTSHELL
We pride ourselves on delivering a world-class online experience. Our website is a magical balance of design, UX, frontend and back-end development and commerce, seen by nearly 7.5 million unique visitors a year (and growing), from all over the world, and localised into multiple languages. And it’s just one – rather major – part of our digital function.
As the Digital Manager, you’ll very quickly become the champion of bellroy.com and everything that sits beside it. With some analysis and testing, you’ll work to improve our customers’ online experience, find new ways to drive online growth and find new tools to lift conversion rates. You’ll balance left-brain lateral thinking with some right-brain nitty gritty such as bug testing, search optimisation and user testing for UX/UI enhancements. You’ll keenly promote customer loyalty and dream up new and inspired ways for existing customers to re-engage with us online. And, with many years in the digital realm already behind you, you’ll already have a few ideas on how to make that happen.
We work with a growth mindset, experimenting, iterating, shifting and always looking for better ways to achieve our goals. So, working with our team of creatives, designers, analysts and developers, you’ll play a critical role in helping our digital environments grow. In return, we’ll give you the tools you need to do a great job, the space to make that happen, and the support you need to flourish.
YOU'D MAKE AN AWESOME DIGITAL MANAGER IF...
You have a particular interest in human behaviour, and take pleasure in ensuring our customers can make good decisions through seamless interactions. You understand that nothing is perfect, and that there’s always opportunity for improvement – even if it means looking in the quieter corners of the experience: confirmation emails, shopping cart, checkout pages…
You’re strategically minded. You can recognise a good idea, and more importantly, the right idea. If you don’t get it right the first time, you’re A-OK with taking the feedback and moving on to a new method for the sake of the long-term goal.
You can take a project and run with it. Which is awesome, because as the Digital Manager, you’ll manage website and digital projects and work closely with the TrikeApps, Bellroy Creative and Bellroy Product Release teams as well as your own stable of collaborators to make sure the projects are deployed confidently and expertly.
If you share our steely focus, appetite for constant learning, and desire to do excellent work, we’d love to hear from you.
A DAY IN THE DIGITAL MANAGER ROLE MIGHT INCLUDE...
- Setting up an A/B test, in conjunction with the creative and development teams, and determining the most important metrics to monitor.
- Noticing an opportunity to improve conversion rate on one of the product pages, collaborating on the implementation strategy and identifying the project’s priority based on potential uplift in sales.
- Implementing a new beacon on Bellroy.com that will offer greater insight into customer behavior.
- Collaborating with the creative and UX teams on the implementation and execution of a new landing page.
- Working with our copywriter and customer acquisition manager to determine and manage implementation of high priority SEO improvements across the website
- Working with the development team to grow our existing custom CMS for creating and updating content.
SOME QUALITIES YOU MUST POSSESS
- Sound understanding of digital commerce – customer journeys, conversion tactics, digital advertising, SEO, split testing, page optimization and UX.
- Sound understanding of how websites function, from the back end to the front end and everything in-between.
- An in-depth understanding of mobile-first design and technical implementation.
- Ability to manage projects and follow them through to completion, prioritising and pushing things forward yourself, but calling on support when needed.
- Willingness to collaborate and brainstorm with other minds and teams.
- Solid familiarity with Google Analytics, page load waterfalls and UX research.
- The technical ability to put your hand to something useful if the development queue is full.
- Appreciation of – and eye for – great design.
- Excellent communication skills.
LOCATION AND HOURS
This role is based at our Fitzroy Office and is a full-time position.
Start Day: When can you start?