IN A NUTSHELL
At Bellroy, we pour our heart and soul into designing and making products that delight our customers every day. And we work hard to ensure every experience they have with the brand exceeds their expectations in small but valuable ways. Our customer support team is vital to making that happen. We’re looking for a bright spark to join our global customer team and keep our audience delighted and engaged. Our community is a lively bunch – you’ll receive a lot of good and some not-so-good feedback. But we believe there’s always a positive to be found with the right approach. And that’s where you come in. If you bring your stellar people skills and communication prowess, we’ll offer the tools for you to do your thing, a world-class crew to learn from, and the support you need to flourish.
YOU’LL MAKE AN ACE CUSTOMER AND COMMUNITY SUPPORT IF…
Warmth and understanding emanates off you like midday sun off bitumen. You love to make other peoples’ days better – with a smile, witty one-liner or supportive ear. But you’re no pushover. Your sense of self is strong, and your personality shines through in your communication. You’re pretty darn good with the written word and know just how to deliver a message that simultaneously stays true to that personality of yours, while keeping well within the bounds of the brand’s tone of voice.
You acknowledge that there’s a variety box of humans in this world with different needs and wants. You’re passionate about delivering excellent individual customer experiences so you can (and will) adapt your approach to suit each and every one.
You don’t shy away from a challenge, and see negative feedback or a gap in the process as an opportunity to solve a problem and learn about how we might do it better in the future. Much of your customer communication will be on public-facing arenas such as Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, but that doesn’t daunt you. You’ll hustle to get a response posted in line with the expectations for that platform (which could be a matter of hours), all the while staying as cool and composed as a penguin on the ice. Once that’s done, you’ll happily dive into some admin tasks and enjoy a different kind of thinking.
Lastly but not leastly, you’re a quick and keen learner with an energetic spirit and willingness to adapt to change. Which is super, because there’s always something to learn around here, and new opportunities to dive into.
IF YOU WERE OUR CUSTOMER AND COMMUNITY SUPPORT FOR A DAY, YOU MIGHT HAVE...
- Organised wallet exchanges for folks who changed their mind
- Engaged with our audience via Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Given and received feedback to/from the rest of the support team, in the spirit of continual improvement
- Identified the most frequent customer complaint and worked with your manager to place that feedback where it needs to go
- Spent some time researching any updates to our systems, tool and platforms to make sure we’re working as effectively as possible across the full service spectrum
- Received 10 emails telling you you're awesome, and thanking you for the help
- Focused on completing all tasks required to achieve a 5 star rating on Amazon
SOME SKILLS YOU MUST POSSESS…
- Excellent written communication
- Experience and confidence using computers and online systems
- A knack for being able to read between the lines of what a customer is really asking, and what they will respond to best
- Ability to write punchy, engaging copy within a brand’s tone of voice
- Familiarity with social media platforms as marketing tools
- The ability to engage and adapt to a diverse range of customers
- Strong time-management and self-motivation
- A qualification in communications (preferred, not essential)
LOCATION AND HOURS
This is a part-to-full time role (4-5 days) based in our Fitzroy office.
Start Day: Ready when you are.